Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Call with Stephanie Spence

From the moment I signed the contract with Tina Wainscott and The Seymour Agency, I felt like I had been welcomed into a family that cared deeply for their writers and people who love books. While waiting to hear if someone would be interested in my book, I created a daily ritual that I practiced every day. I would wake and take a moment to give gratitude for having the passion, dedication, and courage to share my story. Gratitude for having the courage to follow my dreams. I'd follow that with a hope that if my words found someone I could help, that would be all the success I needed. I then saw Tina (in my mind) pitching my proposal to people and them smiling. I saw her jumping up and down calling me to say she had found the perfect publisher and publishing deal just for me. Here's the critical part: I would see me already having this. It wasn't a future event. It was "now." I'd FEEL how great it would be getting the call, like it was happening in real time. I did this every day for a year (which wasn't always easy, but I was committed to staying calm, upbeat, and optimistic while waiting) until finally, on a sunny morning, she called to tell me the great news. The only change in my vision: I was the one jumping up and down. 

[Tina note: I too was jumping up and down! It’s just as exciting for me to get an offer…well, almost as exciting as it is for the author!]

About Stephanie:

With an eye towards the future, but steeped in wisdom from 40 years of practicing yoga Stephanie Spence is a Yoga Educator, Author, Inspirational Speaker, Activist, and Creative Leader. Based in Coronado, California Stephanie is a trail blazer with an inspiring and empowering approach to self-inquiry and personal development. Stephanie is committed to helping ignite the desire for others to create a life of health and joy for themselves. Connect with her via her award-winning website, StephanieSpence.com or @Stephanieyogini. Her book “Yoga Wisdom: Warrior Tales Inspiring You On And Off Your Mat”, Nautilus Book Awards Winner, is available wherever fine books are sold.

Website: StephanieSpence.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment