Welcome to our Author Spotlight this week: JULIE JARNAGIN!
Represented by Nicole Resciniti
Inspirational Romance Novella / Released April 21, 2015
Heather Tornsten needs a man…a celebrity, more specifically, for a fundraising gala for the Dallas art museum, where she works. And what better headliner than bull rider Wyatt Lawrence? Although why people idolize grown men who make their living falling off animals, she’ll never understand.
When his mom was diagnosed with cancer, Wyatt determined to focus on doing what she wants—like visiting some art museum. But when his mom teams up with Heather Tornsten to get him involved in a fundraiser, he knows he’s been set up. The more involved he gets with the pretty events coordinator, the more he realizes falling off a bull is far safer. Because falling for Heather–who has made it clear that she won’t risk her heart on any man who courts danger–might break a whole lot more than his bones.
Kiss the Cowboy
Inspirational Romance Novel / Releases May 19, 2015
What if your competition for your dream job…was your dream man?
All Lucy Pickett needs to become executive chef in one of Dallas’s finest restaurants is to pull off the high-profile wedding she’s catering. So what if she’s forced to share duties with Dylan Lawson, a modern-day chuck-wagon cook? So what if he’s got rugged looks and cowboy charm? None of that is going to knock her off her game. Until she learns the restaurateur is considering Dylan for the position she wants. Game on–and it’s a winner-take-all event!
Dylan Lawson finally has the opportunity he’s been waiting for to prove he can do more than just be a ranch hand. The only thing standing in his way is the fiery chef fighting for the same position. Will the heated competition scorch any chance they have for love?
I’ve always loved a good story that leaves me feeling uplifted, and if it includes romance, even better.
That’s what led me on my journey to become a multi-published author of inspirational romance. I grew up in a small Oklahoma town where my family farmed and ranched. I went on to study Journalism / Professional Writing at the University of Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!).
These days I live in a not-so-big city with my amazing husband and two young sons. Living in a house full of boys is a lot of fun, and they do a great job tolerating all my nerdy quirks. I’m a proud member of America Christian Fiction Writers, which is where I’ve met some truly wonderful people.
Now I’d love to get to know you.
CONNECT WITH JULIE HERE:
CONNECT WITH JULIE HERE:
1. Growing up, I “helped” my dad with the farming. Actually, I would fall asleep in his truck until he finished all the work and woke me up to go fishing.
2. I’m afraid of hippos. I watched a show about how aggressive they are. I used to think they were cute – now I think they’re just mean.
3. Traveling is fun, but there is nowhere like home. I’ll always be a homebody at heart.
4. I love coffee ice cream and any kind of dark chocolate.
5. I met my husband when I was working in a cafeteria. I knew he really liked me if he could see past the apron and plastic gloves.
6. Every single day I’m in my office, I have my space heater blowing directly on my feet.
7. I love Christmas movies. We watch them constantly from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Elf, White Christmas, and Christmas Vacation are some of my favorites.
8. I’m not a great cook, but I love food and can’t get enough of Top Chef and other cooking shows.
9. I like anything sour. My favorite was cutting a lemon in half, pouring salt on it, sucking out the juice, and then, turning it inside out to eat the inside. I finally listened to my dentist and stopped.
10. One of my favorite chapters of the Bible is Psalm 84. It’s so beautiful! 1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.